Control Panel (CP) Overview for Administrators
CP (Control Panel) is a link available to administrators, found on their blue menu bar.
Teachers with access to an administrators role may need to 'Switch User' to locate this, click on the Log Out button top-right of the Dashboard view. to achieve this.
'Control Panel' allows users to have some control over the school's VLE.
A brief description of each of these areas is provided below.
- Users – View details on individual users and add new users (Ficticious Characters or Supply Staff not entered into SIMS - all other accounts are created automatically following SIMS synchronisation).
Use this link to re-set usernames and passwords, provide staff with access to all classes or website editing rights. Additional roles can also be given to colleagues via this link. Use the 'Search' facility to locate accounts - search for pupils by their first name, adult account by their last name.
- Modules – Set tool availablily and functions for particular User Types - Caution should be taken in this area as changes can have dramatic effects, check with the Starz+ team before making any changes! DO NOT activate the 'My Settings' for students as this will allow all pupils within school to change their own passwords.
- Rooms – View Rooms entered into your school MIS (Not normally used by Primary school VLEs)
- Classes – Classes and their members as set-up in SIMS. 'Tweaks can be made here such as adding additional staff, setting the 'Main User - the Class Teacher who will greet the children as they log onto Starz+. Check the naming format that is pulling through from SIMS, if not as expected please make changes within SIMS to correct.
- Subjects – View codes for subjects (specifically for middle and secondary schools)
- Year Groups – Filter users by Year Group
- Groups – Create specific groups to assist with targeted communications. You will also see User Defined Groups that have pulled through from SIMS. Sensitive groups which have pulled through should be hidden! To hide a group click on its name and check the 'Hide xxxfrom users?' box.
- Quicklinks – Manage external links for different User Types
- Language Filter – White/blacklist words from triggering the bad language alert - Currently hidden from view by the Starz+ team. This Filter is still active even though it is hidden, if words need to be blocked or allowed please contact the Starz+ team.
You may find the following helpful: